Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Anniversary Trip - Day 5: Sleeping in = Long lines

At some-point late last night I had the brilliant idea to not set an alarm. We could sleep in and just go into the park when we are ready.. no rush, no fuss.
Ah, the best laid plans.

With that we probably got to the park 30 - 40 minutes later than we would have if we had set an alarm.
We had 3 fastpasses for Animal Kingdom today.
Late morning on Primeval Whirl, Early Evening Safari ride and the new nighttime show, Rivers Of Light.
But apparently a safari ride first thing is a tradition for our young man. The reality of this schedule change hit him hard and he begged, pleaded, etc. to go on the Safari.
I used the tired and true logic of "the wait is 55 minutes, you don't want to wait almost an hour, do you?"
He said YES.
What? you want to wait an hour for this ride and then go again tonight?
You will willingly, happily, stand in line with a hundred strangers for an hour?
This logic worked perfectly on our sweet girl. She wanted nothing to do with a 55 minute wait. She and Hubby decided to go explore while our determined young man and I settled into a line that turned out to be more like 80 minutes.
He had a few brief moments of impatience, but in general he kept his word. I love this ride, so it wasn't too big a deal for me to wait.
And the pay off was wonderful. Great assortment of animals to be seen. It's still my favorite ride in the park.

After we safari'ed we went to our first fast pass of the day - Primeval Whirl.
At this point, it was already lunch time... where does the day go?
We tried Pizzafari again. It's a little different every time we go. More flatbreads than pizzas this year. And I enjoyed the Orange Lemonade.
We popped into the Starbucks after lunch on the way to check in for the Express bus to the Magic Kingdom.
In my (limited) experience, this location has shorter lines than the Epcot or Magic Kingdom location.
Iced coffee in hand we took the Express bus to the Magic Kingdom.

Now, we have NO fastpasses or options for fastpasses during our time at the Magic Kingdom, so all our choices need to be short lines or shows with no real lines.
PeopleMovers was our first choice.. but it was closed. So we hit the Carousel of Progress to start.
By the time we were done, the People Movers was back online. Yay!
From here I wandered to main street to shop a bit and the rest of the family went to the Laugh Floor. We met up at the Train Station and enjoyed a ride around the park.
Since we were at the front of the park, we grabbed a wheelchair and rolled out to Adventureland for something cold.

The parade! Looks like the dragon actually breathes fire!!!! 

Rolling around the park :)

We enjoyed an assortment of cold treats and Hubby and our Sweet Girl got to see another show of the Muppets present Great Moments in History.

At this point we decided to go back to the Animal Kingdom.
Again the Express bus service is great. We were back at the Animal Kingdom in record time.
Hubby and our sweet girl have been watching the time on Kali River Rapids all day, hoping to catch a ride on it... at this point is open, but 70 minutes - nope, too long.
So we picked up some food from booths and flametree before our Safari time.
The evening safari was even better than the morning one.
Our driver was FANTASTIC and we saw a great number of animals including animals that were not out this morning.

Now on to Rivers of Light.
We heard that the standby line for the early show was standing room only [45 minutes before showtime] - we were glad we decided to use one of our FastPasses on this.
The show was nice. Fun and interesting. Good music, nice water effects and a nice length. We enjoyed it.

While we waited for the show to start hubby found some fastpasses for Kali after the show. So when the show ended we split up - son and I took the bus back to the hotel and the adventurous ones went to ride Kali... apparently 3 times! [Editor's note: Turns out that at that time of night, Fastpasses were unnecessary since there were literally 3 people in front of us after we walked through the empty line. The cast member was telling people they could turn around and get back in line without having to walk through the whole thing. We did that for our second ride. On the second ride, however, we ended up with a large group and at the end of that ride, the group asked if they could stay on. The case member said sure, and my "OK, we can go again, but this is the last time" after the first ride became an "OK, one more time, but this is REALLY the last time..." as it was already around 9:30PM]

Todays post was a lot of... then we rode this and next we rode that. I am not sure that is all that interesting.... So I may mix it up a bit tomorrow and do highlights or stats. We will just wait and see how things go. Ok? Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment